This FREE one-day conference is for young adults (18-40) affected by cancer, and their supporters. It features engaging workshops, resources, and networking opportunities to help you live, survive, and thrive.
Registration is required and includes breakfast and lunch!
- 8:15 am - 9 am: Registration, Breakfast & Exhibitors
- 9 am - 10 am: Welcome & Keynote
- 10 am - 10:15 am: Break & Exhibitors
- 10:15 am - 11:45 am: Breakout Sessions 1
- 11:45 am - 12:45 pm: Lunch & Networking
- 12:45 pm - 2:15 pm: Breakout Sessions 2
- 2:15 pm - 2:30 pm: Break & Exhibitors
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: 2nd Keynote
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Closing Remarks
Our Keynote Speakers
Matthew Paul Mewhorter
- Licensed therapist
- Creator of the comic Cancer Owl
- Colorectal cancer survivor
- Morning Keynote: "Make an Award Winning Cancer Comic in 4 Easy Steps"
- Breakout Session: "Create Your Own Cartoon (even if you don't think you're any good at it)"
- Health & Wellness Coordinator at the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Wellness champion
- Stage 4 sarcoma survivor
- Afternoon Keynote
Read more about our speakers, including Matthew and Sarah (PDF)
Breakout Session Topics & Speakers
Breakout session topics will include:
- Create Your Own Cartoon (even if you don't think you're any good at it)
- We Are What We Habit: The Enormous Power of Tiny Change for our Health and our Lives
- Inside My DNA: Genetic Counseling and Testing Considerations for Young Adlits
- Parents’ Connection
- Demystifying Mindfliness and Learning How to Apply it Day to Day
- Sex Ed for Survivors: Navigating Sex, Intimacy, and Relationships after Cancer
- Cooking Demonstration
- Helping Your Children Through a Cancer Diagnosis
- Post-traumatic Growth: Moving Forward During and After Treatment
Read about our speakers and breakout sessions (PDF)
Rooms are available at the Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore at a discounted rate of $99 per night (before tax) for Friday, April 24th and Saturday, April 25th—Click here to make your reservation. Discounted rate is available though March 24, 2020.
Free Airport Shuttle: A free airport shuttle is available from MKE airport to the conference hotel! To arrange free shuttle accommodations please contact the hotel directly at least 48 hours in advance at 414-355-8585 (based availability at time of call).
⭐ Hotel Scholarships ⭐
Thanks to a generous donor we're offering a limited number of hotel scholarships this year! Learn more and apply today >